In May 2014, the RACV/Leader Newspaper published the results of their “Redspot” membership survey into the worst traffic congestion areas in Melbourne. Here they are:
- Murrumbeena Rd/Neerim Rd, Murrumbeena
Melbourne’s busiest and worst railway crossing,
- Chandler Highway, between Heidelberg Rd Alphington to Princess St Kew
- Point Cook Rd via Princes Fwy to Dunnings Rd, Seabrook.
- Koornang Rd/Morton Ave, Carnegie
Busy railway crossing
- Burke Rd between Monash Fwy and Malvern Rd, Glen Iris
- Forsyth Rd/Old Geelong Rd, Hoppers Crossing
Congestion at T intersection.
- Clayton Rd/Carinish Rd, Clayton
Another busy railway crossing.
- High St/Spring St/Cheddar Rd. Reservoir
Complex railway crossing.
- Lower Heidelberg Rd/Banksia St/Burgundy St/Jika St, Heidelberg
- Gap Rd/Horne St, Sunbury