Yes, I’ve been reading the Myki Regional Bus Pilot Summary Report (RBP1).
It’s thrilling reading, here are some of the issues:
- “Fifteen myki cards were rejected when attempting to use at the devices”
– they forget to tell the card reader about concession cards (Pensioner / Student cards)
- “It would thus appear that the sale of multiple Short Term Tickets paid from myki somehow voids the myki card.”
– buy several tickets and have your myki wiped.
- “Patron Call Centre scenario PA_2.3.3: attempted to print transaction history. Received error message ‘
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path …'”
– In other words, the programmers have not coded error trapping for Directory and/or File Not Found.
- “Patron Web Portal does not function adequately if Patron uses latest version of Windows Internet Explorer (v7).”
– next we will find out that it requires Microsoft Java Runtime.
- “Unable to continue execution of Patron Call Centre / Web scenarios as previously established user profiles have been deleted.”
– In other words, we couldn’t finish the testing.
Based on the details in the sanitised report, and these reports are always sanitised to remove embarrassing things, it looks to me that:
- the programmers are way behind, and are cutting corners, in order to meet deadlines.
- the myki product is going to be further delayed.
- that the hardware will require upgrades for it to be “fit for purpose”.
- I doubt that the ticketing backend will scale.