- Being “re-org’d” in May 2007 while being at a workshop in England.
- Going from a non-billable position to being required to be 100% billable. Found this out via email, my manager couldn’t be bothered telling me this face to face.
- Bedridden with flu for 2 weeks while on annual leave. Manager didn’t want to reimburse the leave. And didn’t.
This was the straw which broke the camel’s back.
- Seeing a colleague berated in email by our manager, then the email mysteriously disappearing from the email system. (no, the email system didn’t have a recall function)
- Manager passing off work as their own, to senior management.
- Not a word from my team lead or manager when they visited Melbourne
eg. not “sorry to see you go.”
- The last year truly sucked.
On a positive note:
- worked with some truly great people.
JT – darn fine Team Lead, who’s now working as a architect.
The guy from Oklahoma. His capacity for quality work output amazes me.
- was proud to have led a couple of great guys.
- worked with some cool technology.