We recently had a 2 day break at Tarra Valley, and stayed at the Best Friend Holiday Retreat. It was magic.
Here are some of the things Nikki, Robyn and I liked about it:
- It was fantastic to be able to take our dog, Nikki, with us on holidays for the first time.
- The six off-leash areas were not just flat paddocks, so Nikki was able to get exercise running up and down slopes.
There was even a selection of dog toys at the entrance of each of the off-leash areas.
- A place so quiet that you can hear the bird life though-out the whole day. It was an experience to wake up to bird calls, not having heard them for over 20 years. Nikki was puzzled by the sounds, because she’s a city dog.
- It was the small touches which showed that Best Friend Holiday Retreat cares about dogs, from the dog figurines on the shower curtain
to the tea/coffee/sugar holder on the kitchen table:
- The fenced accommodation area, which meant we could leave Nikki outside, when we wanted time to ourselves.
- Closeness to the 90 Mile Beach, where we were able to let Nikki run on the beach.