Ok, so that’s a tad harsh, but it is overpriced for what it is.
The things that went well:
- it’s responsive. More responsive than any other PDA I’ve used to date.
- the web browser was better than anything else I’ve used on a PDA.
- the camera was a) basic and b) fast.
- it’s slim, and I like that.
The things which sucked:
- battery life, a day at best.
To explain, the iPhone was being used as a BlackBerry replacement, so I needed to read email, take calls and use the web browser.
And one day in, my emails were lost due to a Mobile Mail application crash. Not happy Jan.
- the cost of the thing!
$1000 for the 32GB iPhone. No protective case included.
- what’s this “you have to download the iTune application onto your desktop PC, so you can download a app to the phone” requirement?
No real need for it, unless Apple are trying to craw more personal data from us.
Would I buy one?
Yes, but I would want
- the price to dropped to $600
- improved the battery life
- jail-broken so I can install what I want.
At the current price, the iPhone is too rich for my tastes.