I don’t do this often enough to remember it, so here’s a quick guide for me (and anyone else out there still using SMS 2003).
- Start the Administrator Console, and browse to the collection you want to add the computer to.
- Right-click the collection and select Properties.
- Select Membership Rules, and then click the Computer icon.
The “Create Direct Membership Rule Wizard” will appear.
- Set the “Resource class” as System Resource.
- Set the “Attribute name” as Netbios Name.
- Enter the computer name, of the computer you want to add.
- Click Next.
- You’ll be asked for a Collection the computer is in.
I usually select All Windows <operating system> computers.
- Click Finish
(and the computer will be added to the collection).