My iPhone had a dying battery, so the iPhone was replaced under warranty.
Then I restored the iPhone setting from backup, and all seemed to work ok.
Except for email, wasn’t getting any.
After much Googling, I worked out what was going wrong.
- The “Exchange” email account setting uses Google Sync.
- Google Sync was discontinued as a “free” feature on 30th January 2013.
”Starting January 30, 2013, consumers won’t be able to set up new devices using Google Sync.”
- “new devices”, includes my replacement iPhone.
There are alternatives; what I did was on my iPhone was:
It works. But I wasn’t happy with having to do it Google.