If you are invited to a meeting by me:
TO vs. CC vs. BCC
- TO indicates you are REQUIRED.
- CC indicates that are invited, but not required.
- BCC means I’m telling you about the invite for your information.
- it means I’ve checked your calendar, and you are listed as free.
If you are not free, I would have called before scheduling.
Or left a reason why, in the invite notice.
- Do not use “Tentative accept” without telling me why you might not make it.
- A “Decline” is rude. Either propose a reschedule or call me to discuss.
- Lateness to anything shows disrespect, so don’t be late.
- Meetings will have a purpose, some may be informational, and some will require actions to be taken.
- At the end of the meeting, sum up what was learnt, and any actions required.