Seems I might have a cause of sleep apnea, with a side order of heart problem.
To test for sleep apnea, you get to stay in hospital overnight.
The process is:
- attend the hospital by 8pm.
- have a sleep technician wire 20ish wires up to you.
- try to sleep.
Word of advice for guys having this done:
- make sure you have been to the toilet before you are wired up.
- short hair is easier for the sleep technician to attach the electrodes.
- if you have lots of body hair, getting the electrodes off will hurt.
- you don’t need to buy full pajamas, but you do need to wear something. Boxer shorts are fine.
- You should cut your toe nails as well, as you’ll get a couple of electrodes on your toes.