I needed to wipe the firmware off a BlackBerry. Looking around, I found a useful little utility, JL_Cmder.
Now JL_Cmder is a frontend to the JavaLoader.exe, so you could use JavaLoader, but JL_Cmder makes it easier.
The JL_Cmder options do the following:
- deviceinfo – displays some info about the attached BlackBerry.
- eventlog – grabs and displays the BlackBerry event log.
- screenshot – takes a screenshot of the BlackBerry screen, in .BMP format. I prefer BBscreenshooter.
- wipe – wipes the firmware from the device.
- resettofactory – resets the device to how it was “out of the box”.
- Command-Line Usage – lists the JavaLoader.exe command line switches.