It’s because I’ve had many installs fail when they have been InstallShield-based installations.
What would happen is this:
- Start setup.exe in silent mode.
- Application would install.
- Setup.exe finishes and exits.
- I start the next setup.exe.
- It fails “an InstallShield installation program is already running”.
At point 3, setup.exe HAS finished. But it has left a cleanup program running, such as
_isdel.exe. The next setup.exe (at point 4), sees this and stops with an error message.
Write some code like this, to wait until isdel.exe exits.
while process "_isdel.exe” exists
sleep 5 seconds