One of my friends told me that dogs love peanut butter. So I whipped up a batch of frozen peanut butter treats for Nikki. Frozen so that on hot days, it’ll help Nikki keep cool.
What you’ll need.
- Smooth peanut butter – light
I used about 200 grams.
- An ice cube tray
I used a flexible Ikea “Plastis” silicon tray.
- Plastic freezer bags.
- Some small dry dog food
The dry dog food helps stretch out the peanut mix.
- A round mixing bowl.
I used a square bowl below, which made it hard to get all the mixture out.
Making the peanut butter treats
- Put the peanut butter into a warm bowl, with the dry dog food.
The warm bowl makes it easier to mix the peanut butter.
A friend has suggested added some water as well, as this would it
even easier to mix and set.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture out, and put into the tray.
- Place the tray into 2 freezer bags. ie. double-bag the tray.
This will stop peanut butter smells from going though your refrigerator.
- Place into the freezer, and leave for at least 12 hours.
- Optional step. Allow your dog to clean the peanut butter mix off your fingers.
- 12 hours later, the peanut butter treats are done!