The best free Windows Remote Assistance tool you’re (probably) never heard off.
Debuting in Windows 10 v1607 (August 2016), it’s not well known.
I tripped across it when I was investigating what to use when we migrated to a new Windows 10 management platform.
Positives about Quick Assist
- Works through corporate firewalls
- It’s limited to Microsoft Windows 10. There is no cross platform support.
- It’s a Remote Assistance product.
The person you’re assisting needs to be there.
- A Microsoft Live or Azure AD account is required.
- The person you are assisting needs to be able to acknowledge any UAC prompts.