Around The House
- Remove dry ink strains by covering strain with a paste of Bicarb and water. Allow paste to dry and then rub off.
- Brighten dull silver by dipping it into a boiling solution of water and two teaspoons of Bicarb.
- Remove unpleasant or musty odours from rooms by placing a container of charcoal sprinkled liberally with Bicarb in the room.
- One tablespoon of Bicarb and half a cup of vinegar helps clear blocked drains. Allow the mixture to effervesce and then pour down the sink along with a kettle of boiling water. Put plug in quickly and leave for two hours.
- One cup of Bicarb tipped down the toilet each week will improve a septic system by creating a favourable pH level for better sewage digestion. Also helps reduce odours.
- To remove coffee or other liquids spilt on carpet, just pour Bicarb onto the affected area and vacuum/brush when dry. Also works for fabric upholstery.
In The Laundry Continue reading