And I am going to include the links here, because a) they are useful and b) they compliment some of the posts I’ve written about WMI (Group Policy and WMI Filtering Slowness / The WMI Fix – which is better? / The WMI overflow error with getobject )
- WMI: How to Troubleshoot WMI High Handle Count
- WMI: How to troubleshoot High CPU Usage by WMI Components
- WMI: High Memory Usage by WMI Service or Wmiprvse.exe
- WMI: Missing or Failing WMI Providers or Invalid WMI Class
- WMI: Repository Corruption, or Not?
- WMI: Common Symptoms and Errors