Note: this was a post from 2008, when I was working for CSC Australia.
I’m having all the joys of, not only leading my band of Merry Men, but another group while their manager is away.
And it’s been a painful time.
Issues I’ve dealt with so far:
- recalcitrant off-shore Delhi-based IT workers not taking any responsibility for making things happen.
- recalcitrant on-shore IT workers not taking any responsibility for making things happen.
- a couple of “Health and Safety” issues.
- a contractor thinking that we subsidise his 2 hour lunches.
- customers complaining that work is delayed (see points 1, 2 & 3).
- staff complaining that “we don’t provide any training”, but when I organise funding for training, they can’t be stuffed registering for it until all the training places are gone.
It’s rather like cat herding, which EDS demonstrates below: